Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hey Gang

Okay, so I'm a writer. I've been writing forever, but just started crafting Young Adult fiction this past year or so. I discovered that writing in first person was where my strongest voice came through and I had stories pouring out onto the page once I got going.

When I started writing fiction about five years ago, I realized pretty quickly that I had a lot to learn about the writing craft and the world of publishing, so I joined some writers groups and started the long process of working toward publication. Although I'm as yet unpublished, I feel like I'm really close. It's just a matter of getting the right story in front of the right person at the right time. Sounds simple enough, right? I figure I have time and perseverance on my side. I also have some great stories to tell.

My own youth is filled with amazing tales of teenage angst, drama and more than a few narrow escapes with destruction and mayhem. Stay tuned for upcoming real life stories that will curl your hair and leave you wondering how I ever made it to a happy, healthy, adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment