Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November is NaNoWriMo and a Celebration of Great Books


So hard to believe November is already half over. I’ve been happily buried in writing Book Two in The Chronicles of Lily Carmichael, WESTERN DESERT. November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and I, as well as 300,000 writers worldwide, have committed to writing 50,000 words this month.

60,000 words is almost a completed first draft for me, so even if I don’t quite make the 1667 words per day or 12,500 words per week, I suspect I’ll be pretty close to my target. The downside is that to write quickly and consistently like this, the work is much less polished and I imagine will need considerable revision. I’m just going with the flow and trying to enjoy the new process. We’ll see how it goes and I’ll keep you posted on my Facebook page.

In addition to writing my little fingers off, I’ll be taking part in the New Fall Book Release and the Thanks for Great Books Blog Hop with nine of my WG2E Street Team buddies on November 25-26.
(The site will go live Nov. 24th).




To see a listing of the fabulous new books from a cornucopia of authors and genres, hop on over to http://www.BeachBookBlast.blogspot.com and browse through the "Fall e-book releases" and "Fall event authors" tabs.

And speaking of hopping, I’ll be participating in a blog hop right here with giveaways, prizes, and an up close and personal look at what book, author, or character inspired me to write. I hope you'll come by on Nov. 25 or the 26th to share your thoughts and enter to win prizes. From my site here you'll be able to hop on over to the other participating writers. It’s an opportunity for readers to get to know us authors a little better and share with us about your favorites and what great books you’re thankful for. Each author will have prizes and a blog post for you to enjoy. I hope you’ll join us on Thanksgiving weekend and please help spread the word.

If you want to tweet about it, cut and paste this:

#NewFallBookReleases from #WG2E StreetTeam members and Blog Hop with prizes @ http://tinyurl.com/a9d2q4d Nov. 25-26 #kindlebooks #Nook

Thanks for your help! See you right after Thanksgiving. Have a wonderful and safe Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment